- In a Telegram app, start chatting with @BotFather by sending
- Specify your bot's name. This is how the bot will be displayed in the customer's list of Telegram chats.
- Specify your bot's username. This must be a unique yet self-explanatory username, which customers can easily identify among others in Telegram. Note that a bot's username must end with "bot".
In the exapmle below, Bank 131 is the bot's name and Bank_131_bot is the bot's username.
- Once you confirmed your bot's username, @BotFather will provide you with a token to manage your bot that looks like an alphanumeric line. This is the key to your bot, so store it in a safe place and never share with anyone including Bank 131 or Telegram Help & Support officers.
- Once you got your token, your bot is ready. You can customize its userpic and add a brief description using the Settings section.